For him.
You said you were caught in the rain when you called.
I smiled because you called.
It was a day that I wished could have been better, and you said the same.
It's like the blind leading the blind as far as we are concerned.
Scared-scarred hopeless romantics biding our time until the words get said.
Will they?
I wanted to be there with you-smiling up at you
Trying to find a sign behind those sea-blue eyes.
I wanted the rain to drip from your lips like honey to mine
And to hear-I'm yours.
I wanted to be wrapped up in your woolen coat
feeling your heartbeat behind the cross.
No matter the meaning-I knew what was there.
Underneath it all.
You said you were caught in the rain when you called.
And I was warm at home.
But I couldn't stop myself from wishing I were caught in the rain too.
Because if I were-I would be standing next to you.
You said you were caught in the rain when you called.
I smiled because you called.
It was a day that I wished could have been better, and you said the same.
It's like the blind leading the blind as far as we are concerned.
Scared-scarred hopeless romantics biding our time until the words get said.
Will they?
I wanted to be there with you-smiling up at you
Trying to find a sign behind those sea-blue eyes.
I wanted the rain to drip from your lips like honey to mine
And to hear-I'm yours.
I wanted to be wrapped up in your woolen coat
feeling your heartbeat behind the cross.
No matter the meaning-I knew what was there.
Underneath it all.
You said you were caught in the rain when you called.
And I was warm at home.
But I couldn't stop myself from wishing I were caught in the rain too.
Because if I were-I would be standing next to you.

Comments