Skip to main content

Adventures In Dateland....revisited.



About two years ago I began posting about my adventures in dateland (directly before I found Doug) and now I find myself in the same boat once again. Boldly and Blindly going where many singelton women have gone before. And although I am not truly ready to be dating anyone else, I figure I gotta be doing something, right? When Bubba is with his father on the weekends, it is just too hard for me to sit around and do nothing. Even though I could go out and get drunk, see bands, and party my little head off- I don't, because I don't choose to. Quite frankly...it's trite and boring, and I look ridiculous trying to hang with the 20-somethings.


So just a recap of the chosen 3 that have dared to ride the wild and crazy (literally and metaphorically) ride that is Jadedgirl...


Adventures in Dateland...revisited. (Oy Vey)


The first to come on board was Joe.

I talked about Joe before...if you have been following my wallowing (he he...I love it when I rhyme on accident)

Anyway...

Joe was 40, divorced, and ready for a LTR. (for the lucky few who are not familiar with stupid dating abbreviations LTR is Long Term Relationship, and LTR-M is Long Term Relationship leading to marriage.)


So, knowing this...and knowing his financial stability, and his seemingly good personality, I chose to have a drink with him. I liked him actually...we clicked. We shared interests, he had a little bit of snarkiness in his sense of humor, and he wasn't overly good-looking. Just right for me, or so it seemed.

Weeks passed and a "first date" just never happened...there was always something going on, on his end or mine and we just couldn't get it together.

Then he made the poorly timed joke that kinda pissed me off...and lemme tell you, I have a fabulous sense of humor, so it takes A LOT to rub me the wrong way. So...you can imagine the joke, right? Anyway...I was even ok to give him another try after that shrugging it off and thinking that I was being a tight-ass.

Then he messages me and tells me he met someone else...and see ya later, tater...


Yeah.


So much for that.


Pride screamed out: "He's a douchebag anyway...he told a mean joke!"


But I was still pretty rejected, honestly. It didn't bother me at first...then it just hit me. OUCH.


So anyway...that was Joe.


The second was Mark.

Mark was interesting, and very good looking, and sweet, and yeah...even funny.

But his problems are just too much combined with mine, and with both of us being such high strung people...it just wasn't a good fit.

We had two nice dates. One was really good...where we just drove around on a warm summer night with the windows down and talked. (I love dates like that)

And then...that was just that...all of a sudden I just felt that he was more of a buddy than a serious LTR guy-for ME...(to clarify) I think he would be a great guy for someone when he is ready. (He says he is right now...but not so sure on that)

I went to his house Friday night and we made a pizza and ate chips and homemade salsa (which was awesome!) and chilled out watching Shark Week on Discovery. We talked and enjoyed the company. I do like hanging with him...but... (sigh) And I am pretty sure he feels the same way about me, truth be told...which is nice.


So...scratch that candidate.


Number three to have the safety harness come down on his lap for my wild ride is one I have not spoken of yet...mostly because it happened so fast it was pretty much a blur.


Jim.


Jim is a firefighter in another town, has his own home, a cherry Jeep Wrangler soft top (oh yeah) a Harley (again...oh yeah) 40 years old, never married, no kids. A clean slate...so to speak. We decided to meet on a whim and he drove to me and we went to Granite City for dinner.

First impression upon sight: Nice butt. Nice shoulders. Avergage looking guy. Smelled delicious. dressed nicely...good news.

Dinner was good...but the conversation felt a tad forced. His sense of humor was a little too dry for me even, and I felt like I had to keep coming up with topics to avoid akward silences. Liquor didn't even seem to loosen him up. And truth be told, the vibe I was getting was that he wasn't as happy with my appearance as I was with his. (In other words...I think I was too tall and perhaps a bit too big for him) I am 5'9 and a half barefoot...and I had my wedges on...which make me around 6 foot. He's 5'10 in flat shoes.

He also kept answering text messages all night...no apologies...a bit rude, I thought. But I'm easygoing for the most part and shrugged it off.

We left dinner and went to see Jammsammich at the Riverfront in Peoria. He seemed to be happy and having a good time, but...I just wasn't sure?

At the end of the evening, I walked him back to his Jeep (which I was desperately hoping for a ride in with the top down...no such luck...he didn't offer)

With a polite hug and the a-typical: "Let's do it again sometime" he was off...quickly (a little too quickly for my taste) back to his town. I felt like I was on the show: Blind Date, and I could picture the camera interviewing him after the date and his response:


"Uh...yeeahhhh...She was too tall and too big, and I was kinda bored...I don't think we had any chemistry, really...I don't think I will be calling her for a second date."


My response:


"Um...nope...he couldn't put his cell phone down long enough to have a conversation with me, and he was weird...and I didn't want to ride in his stinky old Jeep anyway...I won't go out with him again if he calls..."


Truth be told...


I couldn't decide if what I was feeling was no chemistry with him, or if I was just wanting him so badly to be Doug.

There...I said it.

I wanted him to be sarchastic and goofy at the same time, and smoke pot, and make fun of me (nicely) and smell like Drakkar and smile a huge smile and say...while staring at me intently: "God...where have you been????"


But he didn't.


And I know it is unrealistic to expect that there is another Doug clone running around out there with no issues, and who is just waiting for a girl like me.


But...For some reason...there you have it.


Needless to say...I'm kinda screwed.


But you already knew that, right?


Hell...most of you met me last Tuesday...and now you really know. LOL


So...that's kinda where the wild ride ends.

Please lift your hands so that the restraint bar can come up and exit to your left...through hell.

Don't worry...you'll come out unscathed...they only want me here.


What can I say?

I like the hot weather.


Last thought-

"You have to figure ... if the world's fattest twins can find love, there's hope for all of us. Somewhere out there is another little freak who will love us, understand us, and kiss our 3 heads and make it all better..."

-Carrie Bradshaw (SATC)


Building a better Ride-

Jaded




Comments

My Flock Rocks! said…
I thought we had a little talk at the blogger bash about this. Move on, go forward and be happy! You don't need those losers when you have us! You will be surprised one day when your prince shows up on his white horse...well, maybe not a white horse, but you know what I mean. Okay, I will shuddup...Hugs Jaded!

Popular posts from this blog

Take The Wheel.

This is NOT an ode to a country song. Or, a religious jaunt. Hell to the no. Although, I do like the titled, aforementioned song. It's a good fable about letting go, letting God...you know, that old jazz.  It's a mantra.  That said, I had an epiphany today.  It's a good one, bear with me.  I've talked about my frenemy, ad nauseum. I know-it's getting pretty boring. I wish I could say, in my life, she's just as boring as hearing about her, but alas...the one thing she isn't is THAT.  Well, I have been through a lot of psychotherapy in my life-since early childhood. I struggled with ADHD and ODD as a child-which led my parents to take me in the first time. Keep in mind-these were the days that there were no IEP's, no accommodations, no sympathy for that devil. ADHD had no name, other than-hyperactivity, or "spirited"  So, the conclusion many parents came to was- my child must be mentally ill. What else could it be?  So, they took me in, and began...

Laughable...Truly Laughable...

Just a quick little ditty today: I checked the lady's blog today to see if anything else had been copied... No...nothing. I guess she figured she would stop her retarted-ness for now. BUT... I did read something VERY interesting. Apparently this chick who is very "intelligent" and wise beyond her years, and well-versed in EVERYTHING thinks that it is OK to trap her boyfriend into staying with her by letting him go off inside her without a condom. Such wise words... HA. And I'm the dishonest one? Spare me... I won't be going back after today...I just wanted to have one last look to see if she was chilling out. And I wont be commenting either way on her personal life any longer...I guess I just found that interesting. I'll stop with the drama now...I promise. Hope everyone had a fabulous Christmas with their families, and please have a happy and SAFE new years. One love to ALL- Jaded

Just When....

....You thought it was safe. ;o) Yes, my friends...as some will be disapointed and some will be happy...for better or for worse...I have returned. I began another blog, but decided that in the interest of time and for the sheer fact that I am a lazy lazy girl...I will not be going to all the hassle of exporting all of my old posts there. I also have decided that I will not be letting a few petty people out there...and drama stop me from doing this...which I love. Truth be told I miss my friends here...my TRUE friends. So...as I said before...here I am. YAY!!!! BOOOOOO!!!! Whichever side of the coin you fall on there, I could give two shits. I am here because I miss my blog...plain and simple...read or don't, comment or don't. Yep...don't really care either way. So...HI! How is everyone??? LOL. And even cooler...those of you who are thinking to themselves right at this moment that I am quite possibly manic, or even Bi-polar-I don't care about THAT either. TA DAAAAAA!!!!...