So, Diane over at Good Mourning Glory posted a yummy tell all meme this morning that looked fun and time consuming, and since I am lounging on Doug's Couch while he is watching No Reservations and was a little pre-occupied, I decided to play copy cat and do the do, if you catch me.
Sunday Secrets...
(Thanks, Diane. :o)
1. Are you single?
Yes...but, it's complicated.
2. Are your parents still married?
No. They have both passed.
3. Are you in love?
Yes...sigh.
4. Do you believe in love at first sight?
Nope.
5. Who ended your last relationship?
He did...but it was no big shocker...I knew it was coming.
6. Have you ever been hurt by a break up?
Who Hasn't?
7. Have you ever broken someone’s heart?
Just one time...the rest have been my heart broken.
8. Have you ever had a secret admirer?
Once.
9. Prefer love or lust?
Lust...because love has never been anything but painful for me unfortunately.
10. Prefer a few best friends or many regular friends?
A few best friends.
11. Wild night out or romantic night in?
Romantic night in...
12. Back in the day: Been caught sneaking out?
Nope...not caught.
13. Ever wanted something/someone so badly it hurt?
Currently...sigh.
14. Who are/is your best friend(s)?
I have three...Doug, firstly...Amy and Sheilie.
15. Ever wanted to disappear?
No...I am too rooted for that, but somedays I would like to appear invisible.
16. First attraction: Smile or eyes?
Smile...definitely.
17. Prefer intelligence or attraction?
Intelligence...without a doubt. I LOVE nerds. ;o)
18. Last phone call you received?
Doug.
19. Last thing you drank?
Coffee...still savoring it, actually. :o)
.20. Before your current one, when was your last relationship?
Last year....it ended in June 08' but alas...we are still "hanging out" SIGH.
21. Do you and your family get along?
Family? Cool concept...but I don't have much of a family to speak of really. My friends are my family.
22. Would you say you have a "screwed up life"?
Yes...and it really sucks. The people out there who are "bored" need to STFU and enjoy their peaceful lives. All I want is to be happy...
23. Have you ever gotten kicked out somewhere? If yes, do tell.
Yep...was kicked out of my moms multiple times, and got kicked out of a bar once for fighting.
24. Do you trust all your friends?
To some degree...it depends on which friend. Doug, I DO trust implicitly...the rest...they have good days and bad days, but I still love them to pieces.
25. Who knows the most about you?
Doug, probably...and Amy secondly. It is very easy to pour my heart out to Doug because he is such a good listener. (Even though sometimes I can tell he is glazing over...yet he still listens.
Last thought-
"If you reveal your secrets to the wind, you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees..."
-Kahlil Gibran
Revealing-
Jaded
Sunday Secrets...
(Thanks, Diane. :o)
1. Are you single?
Yes...but, it's complicated.
2. Are your parents still married?
No. They have both passed.
3. Are you in love?
Yes...sigh.
4. Do you believe in love at first sight?
Nope.
5. Who ended your last relationship?
He did...but it was no big shocker...I knew it was coming.
6. Have you ever been hurt by a break up?
Who Hasn't?
7. Have you ever broken someone’s heart?
Just one time...the rest have been my heart broken.
8. Have you ever had a secret admirer?
Once.
9. Prefer love or lust?
Lust...because love has never been anything but painful for me unfortunately.
10. Prefer a few best friends or many regular friends?
A few best friends.
11. Wild night out or romantic night in?
Romantic night in...
12. Back in the day: Been caught sneaking out?
Nope...not caught.
13. Ever wanted something/someone so badly it hurt?
Currently...sigh.
14. Who are/is your best friend(s)?
I have three...Doug, firstly...Amy and Sheilie.
15. Ever wanted to disappear?
No...I am too rooted for that, but somedays I would like to appear invisible.
16. First attraction: Smile or eyes?
Smile...definitely.
17. Prefer intelligence or attraction?
Intelligence...without a doubt. I LOVE nerds. ;o)
18. Last phone call you received?
Doug.
19. Last thing you drank?
Coffee...still savoring it, actually. :o)
.20. Before your current one, when was your last relationship?
Last year....it ended in June 08' but alas...we are still "hanging out" SIGH.
21. Do you and your family get along?
Family? Cool concept...but I don't have much of a family to speak of really. My friends are my family.
22. Would you say you have a "screwed up life"?
Yes...and it really sucks. The people out there who are "bored" need to STFU and enjoy their peaceful lives. All I want is to be happy...
23. Have you ever gotten kicked out somewhere? If yes, do tell.
Yep...was kicked out of my moms multiple times, and got kicked out of a bar once for fighting.
24. Do you trust all your friends?
To some degree...it depends on which friend. Doug, I DO trust implicitly...the rest...they have good days and bad days, but I still love them to pieces.
25. Who knows the most about you?
Doug, probably...and Amy secondly. It is very easy to pour my heart out to Doug because he is such a good listener. (Even though sometimes I can tell he is glazing over...yet he still listens.
Last thought-
"If you reveal your secrets to the wind, you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees..."
-Kahlil Gibran
Revealing-
Jaded
Comments
It was about finding the right amount of space in a relationship.
Think of two people like two trees. In a relationship, you've gotta decide how close to plant them.
Make the mistake of planting too close, and then neither tree can fully blossom out and become the beautiful creation it was meant to be. Too far and those branches don't get a chance to intermingle and brush and caress each other.
To me it meant I need to be mindful of future growth and I don't really know myself five years in the future. I may take up a hobby or work for a cause that completes me, I need to allow space for my branches to grow in those directions that I cannot possibly predict at present.
It kind of said to me that I've gotta find a tree that can flex and grow where we can accommodate each other together into the future.
I'm probably reading too much into it.
I have changed quite a bit in the past 5 years, but I still have the tendency to be too stubborn.
It's a detrement.
Thanks for the imput, Shay...it was nice meeting you Tuesday.
:o)
Meeting new people...I learn so much, hear about good movies I haven't seen, good music I haven't listened to, thoughtful points of view...
It was fun to escape responsibilities and cluttered life for a night.