Skip to main content

Kinky.


Ok...

Since I only had two responses, and Flam's was pretty ok with anything...the winner of the post is Jack.


This blog post will be about sex.


YAY.


Ok...I admit my being partial to the topic as well, but they say...write about what you know, and here I am.








What do you consider kinky?




I mean...kink used to be about lingerie, and stilettos, and sex in public...these days it seems that we have become (just like me) jaded and bored with the standard setting kink, and now we have evolved (or just gotten more twisted...who's to say?)



Truth be told, on my end of things...kinky is not the aforementioned categories. In my world, all of the above is pretty vanilla stuff.



Here...we see things differently.


But therein lies the question...


Is there such a thing as kinky these days?

I mean...have we become so cynical and "free" that the things that were once coined as "bizarre" are now standard practice in the bedroom?


For instance...


Kinky these days could consist of furries (the people who dress up as furry animals and do it...and get off on the feeling of the fur, apparently)


OR The baby thing (where people dress up like adult babies complete with diapers and are taken care of just like a baby.)


OR female ejaculation (self explanatory)


OR even the most horrible and truly sick like those from the video: Two Girls and a Cup.


Speaking for myself...I am not enthused in any way by three of those above, and quite frankly I believe them to even be ridiculous. I don't judge, though. Que Sera Sera.


How far do we have to go, really?


How much is too much in the world of sex?


We have all been exposed in some way to bondage at some time or another, I'm sure...whether that included the lighter end of it, like the blindfold and the feather, or the darker end of it entailing the ball gag and leather codpiece.


But those on the lighter end...I have a question...do you judge those who hang out in the dark side? Because if you do...for shame.


You might be wondering what I personally consider kinky? or perhaps you aren't...either way, I am going to say, because I wouldn't be true to myself if I didn't.


What I consider kinky:


Extreme pain


Rape fantasies


Furries


Baby Role Playing


Group sex (not menage a trois...like the orgy thing)


Water Sports


Swapping partners


Anal Sex




I could go on and on here.




What I do NOT consider kinky:


Role Playing


Menage a Trois


Female Ejaculation


Lingerie


Stiletto Heels



Sex toys (marital aids)


Hot talk


Phone sex


Sexting (sex phone texting)


Cyber sex


and again...I could go on and on.




So you see...my version of kinky may not be the same as my neighbors version.


What IS kinky?


Is there such a thing left in the world, or has kinky now become sick and depraved behavior?

Because what is excepted in 2009 was definitely a new flavor in 1979.



I am sexually saavy and I have studied it to the extreme, knowing really way too much about some topics that I care to admit to anyone...including myself. But knoing what I know made me ponder this question a lot.

So lets go back to the source...


Websters Online definition is this:

Kinky
One entry found.

Main Entry: kinky
Pronunciation: \ˈkiŋ-kē\
Function: adjective
Inflected Form(s): kink·i·er; kink·i·est
Date: 1844
1: closely twisted or curled


2: relating to, having, or appealing to unconventional tastes especially in sex ; also : sexually deviant




— kink·i·ly \ˈkiŋ-kə-lē\ adverb
— kink·i·ness \ˈkiŋ-kē-nəs\ noun




So I was right on with the word twisted, I see.



And sexual deviancy...hmmmm?

Apparently when you are kinky you get lumped into the deviant category with the people who eat poo and smack each other around.



Person #1 likes to blindfold and tickle my partner...they are kinky.



Person #2 likes to watch beastiality videos and run around the room in a scuba suit and tutu while licking the milk man's armpits...they are kinky.



Person #3 likes to suck on an altoid or ice cube before they go down on their partner...they are kinky.



Person #4 likes to watch she-males eat bananas and stick tennis rackets in their butt...they are kinky.



I mean...that seems a little unfair, wouldn't you say?

Yet...we blur the lines when it comes to bedroom (or closet, or dressing room, or elevator, or parents bedroom) behavior.



Is it as I said...that we have all become so jaded and apathetic that we must go to the extreme to get our kink fix?

Or is it just that the actual freakiness of kink has evolved?



I consider myself a total freak...and yet...I don't eat poo, or run around in a chipmunk suit rubbing up against my partner.



So in effect...have I become dull?

Shudder the thought...

OR even vanilla? HORRORS! HORRORS!

Oh my...that will never do.



What do you all think?

What do YOU, my readers consider kinky?

Don't be shy...comment anon JUST THIS ONCE if you like...I will let it slide if you give me the opinion.



Last thought-

"I thank God I was raised Catholic, so sex will always be dirty. "

~John Waters




Wearing lingerie and stiletto heels while taking dirty during phone sex-

Jaded

































Comments

IDNKM said…
Whatever gives you that naughty or deviant rush is what is kinky for you. It is somewhat separate from what is accepted in society or popular culture. Obviously the more commonplace something is in popular culture, the less likely it is that you will find it naughty or kinky. And that boundary moves ever outward. I cannot think of anything that has gone from mainstream to kinky, it is a one way movement.

I think there are also distinctions to be made among kinky (light bondage), gross (scat) and just silly (furies). To me, kinky implies there is something titillating about it. So to think of something as kinky, I would have to have at least some interest in it.
IDNKM said…
Oh, yeah, and I like the pic!
Diane said…
i love the john waters quote!

what i used to think was "out there" is just a sunday afternoon walk in the park nowadays...

i used to think i was kinky. but now, maybe not so much...

except for the 3some our lists would be basically the same. (i'm just not into that, is all - unless it was me and 2 guys! lol!)
Jadedgirl said…
Good observation, Jack!

I like your throught pattern there.

And Diane! I love your blog...thanks for coming to visit me!
And yeah...I have done the threesome thing and it was what it was. It was more experimental than anything. Could I do it again? Sure...
Would I go full out Bi-sexual?
Nope.
I LOVE men. :o)

And we women are just as screwed up and complicated as men are...just in different ways.

It was fun to "play" but not a lifestyle I could stay with.

Good to know that I am not a complete "deviant" then. I have company!

LOL

:o)