
I have to admit something.
I am a theif.
NOT a theif of words, as some other bloggers out there would have you believe, but I am a theif.
Now before you all get the mental picture of me pulling a Winona Ryder...I'll explain.
I am a theif of clothes- boyfriends clothes to be exact, current and ex alike.
I will loot a man's drawers faster than a free-range chicken in Ethiopia.
I admit it...I LOVE wearing my boyfriends clothes.
Cory will attest to this as I "borrowed" a hoodie that I never returned...although to clarify, that wasn't purposeful. I knew he loved that hoodie, but when we broke up I packed it away in a box and put it in my basement...in which a friend field mouse took the liberty of dining on. Needless to say, it was ruined. I felt bad...still do.
Anyway...
I don't know what it is about a guys comfortable clothes that make me weak. Lately I have been in crazy love with Doug's white T-shirts. Just plain Fruit of the Loom T-Shirts. Nothing fancy, nothing with a design...just plain white T's. They are the super soft Michael Jordan advertised kind, and they are fabulous.
It might be the smell of them...even when washed I can smell his cologne lingering there mixed with his musky, manly, natural skin. It might be that they are just soft and comfy...who knows.
I don't have an explanation as to why I seem to have an affinity for my guy of the present's clothes.
I can only deduce one thing.
It must be the closeness I get out of wearing them when he isn't around.
Like I said I can still smell him on each shirt.
When we first got together he probably had 50 of those things in his drawer. While I was doing his laundry last week, I noticed the dwindling amount still there. He probably now has less than 30 of them. In doing my laundry today, I found the missing ones...In my dirty clothes hamper.
I have literally copped onto like 15 of his T-shirts.
WOW.
I am a T-shirt clepto.
It is official.
A friend of mine once told me to play that game on purpose...meaning-take a few of his things home, and leave a few at his place so that you will have a reason to go back and vice-versa. I loathe games, as you saw in an earlier post. So, we can't really blame it on that, can we now? I can imagine the exchange if Doug and I (God forbid) ever break up. He will hand me a small gift bag of items left, and I will have a garbage bag full of T-shirts to hand him.
Funny picture, no?
So, while Doug knows that I "steal" his shirts, he is OK with it. He says he has plenty. But isn't it just a little weird?
When I was with David, I took a couple of his hoodies that I still have. You heard about Cory's Hoodie. Apparently I have moved on to T-shirts. It's a funny thing though...Doug rarely wears his hoodies and I am not real sure where he keeps them. I think he is hiding them from me!
I knew he was smart. :o)
I am taking measures to heal my sickness though...
I bought him a hoodie for x-mas. A Duke hoodie. I HATE Duke alsmost as much as I HATE Ohio State. Being a staunch North Carolina fan from way back I wouldn't be caught dead wearing a Duke hoodie. I did that on purpose...to keep my sticky fingers off it!
The first step is admitting you have a problem, afterall.
Last thought-
"Thieves respect property; they merely wish the property to become their property that they may more perfectly respect it..."
Respecting cotton-
Jaded
Comments
What size?
LOL