If anyone ever doubted that I didn't have the absolute worst luck ever...after I tell you this, you will FINALLY believe me.
I lost my job today.
BOSS:"It is your probationary period, I don't have to disclose why I'm letting you go, I just am. Let's just say that I think you just aren't a good fit for us, and I made a mistake in hiring you. Sorry...I'll take you to your desk to pack your things."
ME: Deer in headlights...mouth agape...forming tears.
Seriously...I asked and asked again if I had done anything...anything at all to bring this on. HAD I screwed up an order? Did I say something to someone? Did I rub someone the wrong way? What could I have possibly done?
BOSS: "By law I don't HAVE to tell you, and you can ask all of the questions you want, and I'm still NOT going to tell you, now if you don't mind we are busy and I have to get back to work...I'll follow you to your desk."
I was in early everyday...
I actually got there before anyone else today...I mean the building was dark when I arrived this morning. I never took long lunches. I took notes on everything I was told in training. I listened with a positive attitude, and nodded and smiled at everything the boss said. I asked questions about everything so I wouldn't screw up. I was thourough and dilligent in my learning curve.
They jostled me around to 3 different trainers (all with different ways of doing things) and I never ONCE complained. I was just starting to get to a point where I felt comfortable in going solo. I get along with everyone, and everyone seemed to like me. I was doing my job...plain and simple.
And then in 5 minutes after lunch...I just wasn't an employee anymore.
For NO reason.
So...again I just get up off the ground and wipe away the blood from the last beating life gave me, and then BLAMMO...a right cross directly to the mouth out of absolutely nowhere.
Sucker punched by life again.
Maybe this time I'll just stay down on the ground...it has to be better for my health, and hurts a lot less. I am waving my white flag...from the gutter. Where life has apparently dictated where I must stay.
-Jaded (and unemployed)
I lost my job today.
BOSS:"It is your probationary period, I don't have to disclose why I'm letting you go, I just am. Let's just say that I think you just aren't a good fit for us, and I made a mistake in hiring you. Sorry...I'll take you to your desk to pack your things."
ME: Deer in headlights...mouth agape...forming tears.
Seriously...I asked and asked again if I had done anything...anything at all to bring this on. HAD I screwed up an order? Did I say something to someone? Did I rub someone the wrong way? What could I have possibly done?
BOSS: "By law I don't HAVE to tell you, and you can ask all of the questions you want, and I'm still NOT going to tell you, now if you don't mind we are busy and I have to get back to work...I'll follow you to your desk."
I was in early everyday...
I actually got there before anyone else today...I mean the building was dark when I arrived this morning. I never took long lunches. I took notes on everything I was told in training. I listened with a positive attitude, and nodded and smiled at everything the boss said. I asked questions about everything so I wouldn't screw up. I was thourough and dilligent in my learning curve.
They jostled me around to 3 different trainers (all with different ways of doing things) and I never ONCE complained. I was just starting to get to a point where I felt comfortable in going solo. I get along with everyone, and everyone seemed to like me. I was doing my job...plain and simple.
And then in 5 minutes after lunch...I just wasn't an employee anymore.
For NO reason.
So...again I just get up off the ground and wipe away the blood from the last beating life gave me, and then BLAMMO...a right cross directly to the mouth out of absolutely nowhere.
Sucker punched by life again.
Maybe this time I'll just stay down on the ground...it has to be better for my health, and hurts a lot less. I am waving my white flag...from the gutter. Where life has apparently dictated where I must stay.
-Jaded (and unemployed)
Comments
No don't you dare stay down on the ground! Pick your self up and shake it off. I believe everything happens for a reason, we just don't or can't see it at the time. My own daugher is going through some hard times now too, good jobs are hard to find. Again don't give up. I will have you in my thoughts.
Conniesue
I appreciate your kindness.
Affina
Afni
VSI
Family Dollar
All are hiring the last I heard. Dream jobs? Probably not, but then $7.75 beats $0 any day. It is easier to get a job when you have a job. Please, don't give up!
Hugs!