Just a quick update...
Started the new job and I do actually like it.
But.
I am stressed out, bigtime.
I need latchkey care for my kid when school starts...(the week after next)
And his school latchkey is full...and I need like $200 upfront to put him in Washington Park District Latchkey. (Child Care Connection will NOT pay upfront -but they will help me...eventually after all the red tape/paperwork is done...which could take weeks)
(which I am nowhere near having as I am sure you all know by now)
My dad can't pick him up/take him. (He officially has no car now)
My bro can't. ( He has to be home to get his own kids off the bus at the same time my kid gets out of school)
Friends can't. (I have exhausted what little resources I have here)
I am not sure what is going to happen at this point...and I am really, really worried. I have one week to figure it out or I have to quit my new job with cherry benefits and good money.
You see?
My karma is just horrible.
So...pray for me on this, cause if I have to quit this job...I am so done.
Started the new job and I do actually like it.
But.
I am stressed out, bigtime.
I need latchkey care for my kid when school starts...(the week after next)
And his school latchkey is full...and I need like $200 upfront to put him in Washington Park District Latchkey. (Child Care Connection will NOT pay upfront -but they will help me...eventually after all the red tape/paperwork is done...which could take weeks)
(which I am nowhere near having as I am sure you all know by now)
My dad can't pick him up/take him. (He officially has no car now)
My bro can't. ( He has to be home to get his own kids off the bus at the same time my kid gets out of school)
Friends can't. (I have exhausted what little resources I have here)
I am not sure what is going to happen at this point...and I am really, really worried. I have one week to figure it out or I have to quit my new job with cherry benefits and good money.
You see?
My karma is just horrible.
So...pray for me on this, cause if I have to quit this job...I am so done.
Comments
Oh, don't give up the job. There has to be some solution. I would call the latchkey place and BEG them, tell them your situation, tell them about childcare connection, and, if necessary, I'd even write them a bad check (at the last possible moment), because, you never know, they may be slow to cash it, giving you time to accrue a paycheck to cover it. (Okay, I know technically that is bad advice, but sometimes you just do what you have to do. I think writing one bad check is a small issue in the long term compared to having to quit a decent job)
Haven't heard back.
I also called my old neighbor who used to sit for Bub occasionally-she just had a baby...she can't do it. I called my friend Zelda...she has 4 kids that all go to different schools (don't ask...district 150 crap) and she has to drive one of them back and forth. So she isn't able either.
Not looking good for me.
I am going to call Bub's principal later on today and let him know that IF I cannot get my son into latchkey that I will not be able to let him start school until I find someone for mornings and afternoons and my dad will have to watch him until that happens.
Maybe that will stir the pot.
I don't know what else to do.
I can't quit this job...my car is about to be repossesed if I don't make a payment.
Let alone the bills being paid.
Like I said...my luck is just the worst, and I wish I knew why.
Thanks for the encouragement, though Jen. :o)
Hugs.
Jen-
Thanks for the encouragement tho.
HUGE hugs!