Skip to main content

Butterflies.


As most of you may or may not know considering my "last thoughts" on this here blog, I am HUGE mega-fan of Sex and the City. I have seen every single episode at least 5 times or more, and I was proudly (not unlike the Star Wars cloak-wearing weirdos) first in line to see the movie. Although, I can also say that I did NOT sashay into the theatre carrying a pink cosmo in 4 inch Manolo Blahnik's, and a limited edition Dolce and Gabanna dress. The movie was up to my standards with the needed happy ending that all single 30-something women long for. I was not dissapointed at all. And while I try to leave my posts understandable and familiar in content to most readers, sadly, I am afraid that if you are not a follower or even vaguely familiar with SATC...you may not fully be able to comprehend, or digest this post.



So...guys...you have been warned.




I have figured something out...




Doug is MY Mr. Big.




Ok, well I kinda sorta HOPE that he is anyway.




I have fully decided head-on that I am pretty sure I will never find someone else who just suits me like him.


(please...just listen...don't lecture or roll your eyes)




I mean...we had the "breakup" and then the "friends with benefits" thing and now we have the barely talking just trying to remain friends thing (while he is supposedly seeing someone else) And well...I kinda am too.


UGH...don't ask really.




So we have both tried to move on, and see others, and go on, and find happiness elsewhere.


BUT.




I honestly with every bone in my body feel that we will find each other again in the near (or not-so-near) future.


Does it sound hippy dippy, and crystal power new agey to you?


Yup...it does to me too. But I cannot deny my inner voice on this one, nor my really dead on intuition. I'm not saying it's going to be tommorrow, or Monday, or even next Saturday when we attend my cousins wedding together (as friends only of course) (you can roll your eyes now...it's ok)


But sometime...I think...well, I kinda know that we will find our way back.




I know...even the two books I am reading on this very subject (ie) "It's a Breakup because it's broken." and "It's a Breakup NOT a Breakdown." say that I am currently in the first stage of grief: and not the river in Egypt; Denial. And hey...maybe I am, but I guess I gotta trust my gut on this one.


We really are best friends in every sense of the word, and thats a building block of a lasting relationship, from what I am told by each self help mantra, and each married friend I have.




I don't know.




So, he is seeing a friend of his family that he has known for awhile, and according to him...they are just "dating" HA. (sorry...the bitter is regurgitated involuntarily occasionally...my apologies)


And I have met her...and I do personally know her. Truth be told, she was always a very cool girl from what I saw, and as much as I hate to admit it, I do like her. But...it still makes me cringe and make catty comments like: "Awww...isn't that just fuckin cozy" occasionally. She's a pretty natural redhead to boot...which makes me seethe, of course.


The funny turnabout is this though: The guy I am seeing (his name is Jay) is also a natural redhead, AND his divorce attorney is Doug's ex wife. LOL


I swear...I couldn't make this Jerry Springer shit up.




So...doesn't this all just seem...karmically weird?




Perhaps I AM just holding on to some false sense of hope that this will all finalize itself into some grand happy ending...but I am most like Carrie Bradshaw: a neurotic wannabe writer with major commitment issues and a laundry list of guys who treated me badly or just dumped me for no good reason. Doug just keeps floating back in and out of my life like a lost balloon coasting on the breeze.




Just like Mr. Big.




Maybe I have to just have hope for once that I will have the same happy ending as Carrie...with my own Mr. Big (Doug)


His newest exploit...we'll call her "Natasha" for posterity's sake and in keeping with the theme of this post will hopefully just fade away as his buddy and he will make his revelation and figure out what I already have.




And before you ask...yes- Jay knows that I am still in love with Doug, and no we have not had sex yet, and no I am not ready to. He seems to think that I am fantastic and worth waiting for even though I have done and said pretty much everything I can to prove to him that I really am NOT fantastic at all. He's a good guy...and I haven't really decided what to do about that sitch right now. I am just not ready I guess.


Ok...this post has taken a weird turn, and I need to get back on track here...sorry...it's the ADD.




So...




I guess I will just have to play it like I see it for now, and hopefully this Carrie will get her way...for once.




I'm not holding my breath at all...just taking shallow ones to conserve for later.




Last thought-


"When it comes to relationships, maybe we're all in glass houses, and shouldn't throw stones. Because you can never really know. Some people are settling down, some are settling, and some people refuse to settle for anything less- than butterflies..."


-Carrie Bradshaw (SATC)




Not settling-


Jaded

Comments

Becs said…
Not quite as big a SATC fan as you, however one thing kind of hit me when reading your post. It was only when Carrie let go of the dream of Big and moved forward on her own, did they end up together. (I could be mistaken though.)

I think any girl in the world would be lying if she said she never felt like you (only without the SATC analogy) do after a breakup at some point in her life.

One day at a time :)
Jadedgirl said…
Yeah...I hear ya. And really, that's what I am kinda trying to do right now with Jay. He is really a very cool guy, and he seems to be just unbleieveably smitten by me. I am just taking it slow as I am not ready to jum into that pond yet, so to speak. (The water is very muddy) I truly am trying to let it all go...but I still have a feeling that eventually it will end up back to where I started...only knowing more this time.

Like I said I am not holding my breath.

Thanks, Becs...haven't heard from you in awhile, glad to hear from you again. Missed ya.

:o)
Becs said…
Yeah, I have been really sick with this pregancy so have been touch and go with the computer and checking other's blogs. Its hyperemesis, and for a while it was flat out horrible. I lost over 25 pounds and spent 5 days in the hospital. Now its better, like morning sickness that lasts all day, but its regulated and I'm gaining weight. I'm just over half way!!!
But I was stopping in from time to time to see how things were going :)

You'll get there.
Conniesue said…
Hi Thersa,

I hope that it all works out for you. My daughter is a BIG SATC fan and wishes for happy endings too.
I am single and divorced twice so I can not give any advise.
I have been very busy last couple of weeks but have moved my blog. Pls come visit me.
http://myintuition.org/
Conniesue

Popular posts from this blog

Take The Wheel.

This is NOT an ode to a country song. Or, a religious jaunt. Hell to the no. Although, I do like the titled, aforementioned song. It's a good fable about letting go, letting God...you know, that old jazz.  It's a mantra.  That said, I had an epiphany today.  It's a good one, bear with me.  I've talked about my frenemy, ad nauseum. I know-it's getting pretty boring. I wish I could say, in my life, she's just as boring as hearing about her, but alas...the one thing she isn't is THAT.  Well, I have been through a lot of psychotherapy in my life-since early childhood. I struggled with ADHD and ODD as a child-which led my parents to take me in the first time. Keep in mind-these were the days that there were no IEP's, no accommodations, no sympathy for that devil. ADHD had no name, other than-hyperactivity, or "spirited"  So, the conclusion many parents came to was- my child must be mentally ill. What else could it be?  So, they took me in, and began...

Laughable...Truly Laughable...

Just a quick little ditty today: I checked the lady's blog today to see if anything else had been copied... No...nothing. I guess she figured she would stop her retarted-ness for now. BUT... I did read something VERY interesting. Apparently this chick who is very "intelligent" and wise beyond her years, and well-versed in EVERYTHING thinks that it is OK to trap her boyfriend into staying with her by letting him go off inside her without a condom. Such wise words... HA. And I'm the dishonest one? Spare me... I won't be going back after today...I just wanted to have one last look to see if she was chilling out. And I wont be commenting either way on her personal life any longer...I guess I just found that interesting. I'll stop with the drama now...I promise. Hope everyone had a fabulous Christmas with their families, and please have a happy and SAFE new years. One love to ALL- Jaded

Just When....

....You thought it was safe. ;o) Yes, my friends...as some will be disapointed and some will be happy...for better or for worse...I have returned. I began another blog, but decided that in the interest of time and for the sheer fact that I am a lazy lazy girl...I will not be going to all the hassle of exporting all of my old posts there. I also have decided that I will not be letting a few petty people out there...and drama stop me from doing this...which I love. Truth be told I miss my friends here...my TRUE friends. So...as I said before...here I am. YAY!!!! BOOOOOO!!!! Whichever side of the coin you fall on there, I could give two shits. I am here because I miss my blog...plain and simple...read or don't, comment or don't. Yep...don't really care either way. So...HI! How is everyone??? LOL. And even cooler...those of you who are thinking to themselves right at this moment that I am quite possibly manic, or even Bi-polar-I don't care about THAT either. TA DAAAAAA!!!!...