And on it goes...
I remember being almost one of the oldest people to hang out at Stage 2. For those of you not from the area, or having possibly not gone to high school here, you may not have heard of it. Stage 2 was the quintessential hangout for anyone under 21 in the late 80's/early 90's. It was a "teen" dance club housed in the place directly next door to O'Leary's and Apples Bakery on Willow Knolls Road. Anyway, most of us not old enough to yet imbibe in adult beverages were stuck hanging out there to keep us out of marginal trouble. Oh, don't get me wrong...the kind of people I hung with usually found an afte party or someones house to go drink at after close, but...I digress.
I stood in line for 45 minutes with my ticket to see a one-hit-wonder 80's band called "Trixter" (dont laugh...I love 80's hair bands to this very day) Anyway, as I was standing in line I saw this hot looking burner guy with hair down to his ass. he looked like the singer of the band, actually, and I was intrigued for that very second. Long-haired men were my weakness out of high school. I asked every one of my friends who he was and FINALLY after much investigation, I found out his name was Brian and he lived with his girlfriend Amy in Marquette Heights.
"Girlfriend?" I thought... "Hmmm...that can be remedied..."
I went after this guy like gangbusters and eventually had him looking in my direction, fresh off my erotic dancing days, I looked pretty damn good at the time. All legs and no one to wrap them around, so to speak.
Brian and I started hanging out a a mutual friends house and doing the slap and tickle bit as often as we could behind said girlfriends back. I was young...I didn't know about karma then.
Every time I asked Brian to leave her he was vague, and would only say this: "I can't break up with her...it's complicated." Stupidly not understanding how to read between the lines, I hung in and kept "hanging out" with Brian and started to develop a mad infatuation on the guy.
One fateful night at Stage 2 I was standing in the same vicinity with his girlfriend. She shot me a wicked dirty look, as she knew that I was chasing her man. I happened to look down at her cute mini skirt and notice a posthumous "bump" in her 16 year old tummy area. The hair stood up on the mack of my neck as I turned to Brian and I's mutual friend Richard as asked, (while violently grasping his arm) "Um...is Amy pregnant????!!!" To this he scoffed and said "No!" But the look on his face completely gave him away. One second after that he excused himself to go to the bathroom and like a shot I was in Brian's face in the same moment. I asked him is she was, in fact, preggers. He laughed and said "yep".
I ran to the resrtroom in all my Jerry-Springer-esque 20 year old drama, crying my eyes out and alternately wanting to beat him up for lying to me.
At this moment, girlfriend sees the confrontation between him and I and follows me into the restroom. She approaches me and snottily asks: "Why are YOU crying???" I made up some sob story about happy tears for her being pregnant, (which she saw right through, which you can imagine)
Needless to say...I was crushed and murderous at the same time.
A month later Amy and I became "sorta-kinda" friends and began hanging out.
Wanna know why?
K...I'll tell you.
Because the douchebag dumped both me and his pregnant girlfriend for another girl, who...get this... was ALSO preganant with some OTHER guys kid.
Yeah...I said it was Jerry-Springer-esque, and I wasn't lying.
Anyway, Amy and I became co-stalkers after that. And when we both decided that he wasn't worth out time anyway, Amy and I formed a friendship that has been there since that very day. She's my best friend in the whole world, and a large part of me is eternally grateful for having been an evil temptress in the forst place because if I hadn't met and tolied with Brian, I would have never have known her. And that would be horrible for me.
There's more to this tale actually...which I will expound on more when I am not at work and at risk of getting caught! LOL
Later taters.
I remember being almost one of the oldest people to hang out at Stage 2. For those of you not from the area, or having possibly not gone to high school here, you may not have heard of it. Stage 2 was the quintessential hangout for anyone under 21 in the late 80's/early 90's. It was a "teen" dance club housed in the place directly next door to O'Leary's and Apples Bakery on Willow Knolls Road. Anyway, most of us not old enough to yet imbibe in adult beverages were stuck hanging out there to keep us out of marginal trouble. Oh, don't get me wrong...the kind of people I hung with usually found an afte party or someones house to go drink at after close, but...I digress.
I stood in line for 45 minutes with my ticket to see a one-hit-wonder 80's band called "Trixter" (dont laugh...I love 80's hair bands to this very day) Anyway, as I was standing in line I saw this hot looking burner guy with hair down to his ass. he looked like the singer of the band, actually, and I was intrigued for that very second. Long-haired men were my weakness out of high school. I asked every one of my friends who he was and FINALLY after much investigation, I found out his name was Brian and he lived with his girlfriend Amy in Marquette Heights.
"Girlfriend?" I thought... "Hmmm...that can be remedied..."
I went after this guy like gangbusters and eventually had him looking in my direction, fresh off my erotic dancing days, I looked pretty damn good at the time. All legs and no one to wrap them around, so to speak.
Brian and I started hanging out a a mutual friends house and doing the slap and tickle bit as often as we could behind said girlfriends back. I was young...I didn't know about karma then.
Every time I asked Brian to leave her he was vague, and would only say this: "I can't break up with her...it's complicated." Stupidly not understanding how to read between the lines, I hung in and kept "hanging out" with Brian and started to develop a mad infatuation on the guy.
One fateful night at Stage 2 I was standing in the same vicinity with his girlfriend. She shot me a wicked dirty look, as she knew that I was chasing her man. I happened to look down at her cute mini skirt and notice a posthumous "bump" in her 16 year old tummy area. The hair stood up on the mack of my neck as I turned to Brian and I's mutual friend Richard as asked, (while violently grasping his arm) "Um...is Amy pregnant????!!!" To this he scoffed and said "No!" But the look on his face completely gave him away. One second after that he excused himself to go to the bathroom and like a shot I was in Brian's face in the same moment. I asked him is she was, in fact, preggers. He laughed and said "yep".
I ran to the resrtroom in all my Jerry-Springer-esque 20 year old drama, crying my eyes out and alternately wanting to beat him up for lying to me.
At this moment, girlfriend sees the confrontation between him and I and follows me into the restroom. She approaches me and snottily asks: "Why are YOU crying???" I made up some sob story about happy tears for her being pregnant, (which she saw right through, which you can imagine)
Needless to say...I was crushed and murderous at the same time.
A month later Amy and I became "sorta-kinda" friends and began hanging out.
Wanna know why?
K...I'll tell you.
Because the douchebag dumped both me and his pregnant girlfriend for another girl, who...get this... was ALSO preganant with some OTHER guys kid.
Yeah...I said it was Jerry-Springer-esque, and I wasn't lying.
Anyway, Amy and I became co-stalkers after that. And when we both decided that he wasn't worth out time anyway, Amy and I formed a friendship that has been there since that very day. She's my best friend in the whole world, and a large part of me is eternally grateful for having been an evil temptress in the forst place because if I hadn't met and tolied with Brian, I would have never have known her. And that would be horrible for me.
There's more to this tale actually...which I will expound on more when I am not at work and at risk of getting caught! LOL
Later taters.
Comments
What is a "posthumous" bump?
Strange how people who seem to be your "enemy" end up being your friend and vice versa.
I bet you have some interesting stories from your exotic dancing days. Maybe I'll get to hear them at a blogger bash some day (but not the next one as I will be out of town).