ATTENTION MORTON MALAISE! PLEASE SEE THIS POST BEFORE YOU DECIDE TO START SPOUTING ANYMORE ON DISTRICT 150:
Organized Clutter...: We Interrupt My Love Life To Bring You This Just In:
What would you know about it?????
You have never lived in Peoria. You did NOT attend District 150 schools.
Nor will you ever pay taxes to that district because YOU RESIDE IN MORTON.
As intelligent as you are, I really assumed better from you.
This has nothing to do with race, either. It's all about money.
Peoria High is NOT a shithole (although I cannot be sure if you were talking about Central or Woodruff in that particular statement)
But if you were eluding to Peoria High, I suggest a tour of the grounds since you are such a concerned citizen. The building is grand and architecturally important. It is a beautifully crafted fortress that stands right in the very heart of Peoria.
My father attended PHS along with me and we both agreed (before he passed) that closing and merging the two schools would be unbelieveably stupid....and we are not alone.
District 150 has screwed the taxpayers enough over the years. And now...the kids have to pay for it????
Come on. You know as well as I bloody do that merging those two schools together would be a logistical nightmare.
It will be incredibly overcrowded.
There will be MORE violence.
There will be loss of MORE jobs.
And who suffers?
The kids.
They say write about what you know.
Do that from now on.
That is all.
Organized Clutter...: We Interrupt My Love Life To Bring You This Just In:
What would you know about it?????
You have never lived in Peoria. You did NOT attend District 150 schools.
Nor will you ever pay taxes to that district because YOU RESIDE IN MORTON.
As intelligent as you are, I really assumed better from you.
This has nothing to do with race, either. It's all about money.
Peoria High is NOT a shithole (although I cannot be sure if you were talking about Central or Woodruff in that particular statement)
But if you were eluding to Peoria High, I suggest a tour of the grounds since you are such a concerned citizen. The building is grand and architecturally important. It is a beautifully crafted fortress that stands right in the very heart of Peoria.
My father attended PHS along with me and we both agreed (before he passed) that closing and merging the two schools would be unbelieveably stupid....and we are not alone.
District 150 has screwed the taxpayers enough over the years. And now...the kids have to pay for it????
Come on. You know as well as I bloody do that merging those two schools together would be a logistical nightmare.
It will be incredibly overcrowded.
There will be MORE violence.
There will be loss of MORE jobs.
And who suffers?
The kids.
They say write about what you know.
Do that from now on.
That is all.
Comments
I think you should restrict your disagreement to the actual issue, and the facts surrounding that issue, anytime a personal attack is involved it just reduces the efficacy of your legitimate comments.
I have a big issue with the fact that someone who has never attended the "shithole" MM was referring to would call it that. How would he know? He has never step foot in the building.
I have no problem with anyone taking issue with District 150 and their lax spending issues.
I just mean to say that if I have pride for the school I went to it is just as necessary for me to stand up for what I believe in as well.
I said it before and I will say it again- Peoria High is NOT what people believe it to be. It is a beautiful school, and has been very well maintained over the years.
People who DID NOT go there would not know this until proven otherwise. I merely pointed out that anyone who believes that it's such a crappy school should take a tour and see for themselves.
Believe me, that was not a personal attack. I was just standing up for what I believe in. His comment really ticked me off.
I spout a lot about this and that here on OC, and I will openly admit when I don't have the backup facts behind me, or I simply will not post about a topic I really don't know anything about.
I take issue with those who do.
I would never write a mean-spirited post about the snobbery that I believe goes on in Morton, or the Racial discrimination I believe still hangs on in Pekin. Because my personal knowledge isn't enough to back up my statements.
So, why is it fair for MM to go on record spouting about the stuff he truly knows ZILCH about other than what he has read in a blog or in a newspaper?
If he had FACTUAL knowledge that Peoria High or Woodruff was a shithole...then I would go...OK, SURE.
But he does not.
That's what I meant by write what you know.
No offense to anyone else.
Just refuting HIS personal attack, is all.
And I DO consider it personal since the school he was most likely referring to was the place I take great pride in being an allumnist of.
I'm sorry Jen. I truly hope that I didn't not offend you or anyone else.
I'm not offended, it's all a healthy dialog. INMHO, I think it's fine if you dispute the merits of Peoria High, it just seems that that would be the point, not where someone lives.
Jennifer
I value your opinion....truly.
Perhaps I was a little mean myself, and for that I apologize.
But it would be nice to hear the same apology from MM in return.
I can tell you that-THAT would never happen though.
Thanks for being my last commenter here at OC. I hope you will check me out at the new place.
:o)