My wonderful writing cohorts have led me down a narrow path.
LOL
It's not dark...but it IS scary.
I am going to try to begin a manuscript, and in order to do this...I have decided to enroll my lazy, undisciplined ass into NANOWRIMO (an anagram for a writing contest hosted every year)
My mission? 50,000 words in 30 days.
That averages out to be something around 1,500 words a day.
All following a story.
Unedited, of course.
So...who thinks I have lost my FUCKING mind?
Ok...besides me...that makes a few of us.
Either way...here goes nothing.
I am NOT going to write an outline, or plan anything...I am just going to shoot from the hip and cross my fingers that I am able to put something together that doesn't read like this: "All work and no play, makes T a dull girl...All work and no play makes T a dull girl..." Etc...
There's no snow on the ground yet, and I don't own an axe...so I think we are safe.
I think...
This, my friends, is going to be interesting...but at least I can say I finally did it. IF I finish. God willing.
Cross your fingers,
Jaded
LOL
It's not dark...but it IS scary.
I am going to try to begin a manuscript, and in order to do this...I have decided to enroll my lazy, undisciplined ass into NANOWRIMO (an anagram for a writing contest hosted every year)
My mission? 50,000 words in 30 days.
That averages out to be something around 1,500 words a day.
All following a story.
Unedited, of course.
So...who thinks I have lost my FUCKING mind?
Ok...besides me...that makes a few of us.
Either way...here goes nothing.
I am NOT going to write an outline, or plan anything...I am just going to shoot from the hip and cross my fingers that I am able to put something together that doesn't read like this: "All work and no play, makes T a dull girl...All work and no play makes T a dull girl..." Etc...
There's no snow on the ground yet, and I don't own an axe...so I think we are safe.
I think...
This, my friends, is going to be interesting...but at least I can say I finally did it. IF I finish. God willing.
Cross your fingers,
Jaded

Comments