Just thought I would share a little sum-sum with you...Tommorrow is my first day back to school.
My LAST semester before graduating in May.
-Barring no unforseen trouble with Algebra...to which I am pertified to take, and have been all of my student career. I SUCK at algebra. I can add a tip percentage in my head in 0.2 seconds...but I simply have not grasped the concept of adding a+b. Ughhh.
I am going to do it though...I am going to strive for a final grade of B...but will most assuredly settle for a C if I have to. My cousin once told me, "Hey...don't sweat it...C's get degrees!"
I am counting on it... ;o)
Wish me luck ya'll- cause this degree...even though it is only an associates- is the biggest accomplishment (aside from my precocious son) in my entire 36 years. I get emotional just thinking about it, considering that I have been attending ICC on and off since 1991.
Yes...I'm laughing about it too.
I am on the 17 year plan it seems.
17 years...a long and backbreaking road to hoe.
So, ok...Don't wish me luck...pray for me. (if you happen to be the praying sort)
I need all the higher power I can get.
And I don't mean the square root.
HA! I made a funny...
Last thought-
"As long as algebra is taught in school, there will be prayer in school. "
-Cokie Roberts
Praying-
Jaded
Comments
I'm glad I don't have to take algebra. Good luck on that . . . and the Divine Intervention thingy. I'm sure you're up for the challenge!
You know, I occasionally have dreams that I'm back in school. They inevitably turn ugly, as I end up missing an exam, or failing a class, or something - more nightmarish than dreamy.
But..On the good new side of things, I have a FABULOUS teacher. She is very down to earth, and also very eager to help...no matter what. No shizzle...she actually compared herself to Mr. Hand from Fast Times At Ridgemont High...meaning that she would literally come to my house and tutor me to get me graduated. LOL
We had a good laugh on that one!
I feel a lot more at ease now thankfully.
And...I can't imagine that algebra could have been any easier than taking The Bar Exam...
If it truly is...I am SO screwed.
LOL
:o)
Thanks for the comment, K...you rock!
Good luck. Just think, the algebra will come in handy, shortly, with your son. Just last night I was helping my son, who's taking Algebra 1, with slope-intercept form. I'm so thankful I took it at ICC because I don't think I would have remembered it from high school. (It's been a few years so I do have to read the chapter before I help him, but it does come back to me, amazingly)
I'm glad you have a good teacher, I would also suggest ICC's math lab. It's open quite a bit and sometimes it helps when you hit a roadblock, to have someone different explain it.
Jennifer
Any help! Arghhhh!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks to you too, Jen!
Hugs
Thanks, Sue! :o)
Hugs...
I'll let you know if I get frustrated. So far so good. BUT...it IS only the second day of class. LOL
:o)