Skip to main content

A Letter to my Best friends...

I have many friends, well...let me clarify. I have few close friends, and many hang out friends.
My closest are three bright, informed, passionate, funny, beautiful, and fabulous women from many walks of life.

Let me summarize each one...


First there is Zelda.

Zelda is the mother of 5 children, the hardest worker I know, and the most dedicated caregiver of her family I have ever seen in my lifetime. She is also the sweetest, most giving soul I can think of and would happily give you the shirt off her back, or the last dollar in her wallet if she had it.


Zelda supported Senator John McCain yesterday.


Then there is Amy.

Amy is a single mom of two of the sweetest kids on the planet. She has a son with special needs and makes triple-sure that he has the best and the brightest to educate him properly. Amy is also a giving person, and has been there for me many many many times when I have needed her the most. Her daughter is my namesake, and she was present at my own sons birth throughout the whole 32 hour ordeal. Her and her mother held my hand through it all knowing that I had no one else to do it when I was terrified. She was the voice in my head through my "wilder" days, and for many years we were inseparable. We have mutual family ties and I consider her a sister...and not just my best friend. Amy is very opinionated- and quite frankly, some people find her hard to handle. But she is- and always will be -forever in my heart...no if's, and's, or but's.


Amy supported President Barack Obama yesterday.


Last but not least...There is Sheilie.


Sheilie was late to my circle of friends and she, and Amy and I met at the very same time through her wonderful Husband Pete. I instantly liked her, and now I love her. Sheilie is a caring, big hearted, harshly honest, opinionated, funny, passionate, dedicated mother...who loves with all her heart. Sheilie would like you to think that she is a mean girl who puts up with nothing- and will dismiss you at a moments notice. But, those of us who know her-know better. While she might throw a tantrum when not getting her way (she is admittedly spoiled rotten) and call you every name in the book and SWEAR on her life that she is DONE with you...her big heart always stands in the way, and before you know it...all is forgiven and mostly (yes, I said mostly) forgotten. Sheilie is my confidant, and my listening ear. She gives her advice freely, even when I don't follow it...(which is most of the time.) She loves her kids, her husband, her family and is a true patriot to her country. She believes in the sacrifices of her forefathers to make and defend this country as it stands today. Sheilie is- and always will be, just like Amy and Zelda....my best friend forever, and my sister at heart.


Sheilie supported Senator John Mccain yesterday.


My point?


All three of these women are strong willed, strong hearted, intelligent people,with the passion and drive to run the country themselves...if they chose to.

No hockey moms here...But a few pittbulls ready to strike at any mention of harm to their collective broods. These women believe in this country...they love this country. They proudly stepped up and voted their consciences yesterday. And while they all had different choices in their booth...they should remain friends. Because freedom to choose is what makes this country a great one. And the fact that we aren't killing each other to get to make those choices...well that's just fabulous.


Would you agree?


The fact of the matter is, if we had more people like these three women in this country...perhaps we wouldn't be in the state that we currently are. So...whoever you chose yesterday, whatever you feel today...remember...we are all in this together.


It's just like John Mayer says in his song:

"Me and all my friends

We're all misunderstood

They say we stand for nothing and there's no way we ever could

Now we see everything that's going wrong

With the world and those who lead it

We just feel like we don't have the means

To rise above and beat it

So we keep waiting

Waiting on the world to change

We keep on waiting

Waiting on the world to change..."


If you want change...you might have to be the person who stands and leads the charge.

AFFECT change in this country if you want things to happen. Stand up and make your voice be heard. John McCain, Barack Obama, Ron Paul, whoever else...they can make the rules of power...but you as a citizen have the right to state that you may or may not like it.

And you...just you...just your own infantesimal voice can be heard by standing up and letting it be known.

This election was nothing more than a call to action...You have the power.

I love my friends...and we do not always see eye to eye on everything, and truth be told, we probably never will. But I love them all the same.

And they all love this country...so much so that they have turned their backs on each other because of their grand opinions.


I refuse to be a statistic.


This rift in our country is exactly what people like Osama Bin Laden want.


A divided nation is a vunerable one.


Now is the time to ban together...no matter who you support, and help to bring this country back to what it once was.

Sheilie, Amy, and Zelda I love you all.

And I stand with you no matter what my opinions are.


And that's how it should be.


Yours,

Teresa

Comments

My Flock Rocks! said…
I am glad to see you blogging again! I was getting worried that you hadn't posted in a while.

If you get a chance (or want a good chuckle) go take a look at my blog. I haven't blogged either but I have a dysfunctional "ANONYMOUS" commenter, lol

Popular posts from this blog

Laughable...Truly Laughable...

Just a quick little ditty today: I checked the lady's blog today to see if anything else had been copied... No...nothing. I guess she figured she would stop her retarted-ness for now. BUT... I did read something VERY interesting. Apparently this chick who is very "intelligent" and wise beyond her years, and well-versed in EVERYTHING thinks that it is OK to trap her boyfriend into staying with her by letting him go off inside her without a condom. Such wise words... HA. And I'm the dishonest one? Spare me... I won't be going back after today...I just wanted to have one last look to see if she was chilling out. And I wont be commenting either way on her personal life any longer...I guess I just found that interesting. I'll stop with the drama now...I promise. Hope everyone had a fabulous Christmas with their families, and please have a happy and SAFE new years. One love to ALL- Jaded

Not That Girl...

So I have been watching this marathon of wedding-based movies all day today on TBS. And maybe I shouldn't be. Mostly because all at once I love them, and get terribly depressed at the end of them. What exactly is it that depresses me? Let's analyze, shall we? It isn't so much about the marriage part as it is the love, I guess. I grew up thinking that marriage is something that happens to everyone...no matter what. In my sheltered childhood exsistence I guess it never occured to me that some people in the world do NOT get married at all. Some choose it- Some wait too long- and some just weren't meant to find their soulmate (if there is such a thing) My whole marriage fantasy was never about the big party, the head over heels giddy love, the pomp, or anything like that. My marriage fantasy has always, and I mean this...always been about knowing that there is someone out there that "gets" you. There is someone out there that loves you so deeply that they are w...

Just When....

....You thought it was safe. ;o) Yes, my friends...as some will be disapointed and some will be happy...for better or for worse...I have returned. I began another blog, but decided that in the interest of time and for the sheer fact that I am a lazy lazy girl...I will not be going to all the hassle of exporting all of my old posts there. I also have decided that I will not be letting a few petty people out there...and drama stop me from doing this...which I love. Truth be told I miss my friends here...my TRUE friends. So...as I said before...here I am. YAY!!!! BOOOOOO!!!! Whichever side of the coin you fall on there, I could give two shits. I am here because I miss my blog...plain and simple...read or don't, comment or don't. Yep...don't really care either way. So...HI! How is everyone??? LOL. And even cooler...those of you who are thinking to themselves right at this moment that I am quite possibly manic, or even Bi-polar-I don't care about THAT either. TA DAAAAAA!!!!...