Skip to main content

And Now For Something Completely Different...

So...ok something different than my usual bitching and moaning about my love life or lack thereof lately...

I'll just come out and say it...

I am not voting in the presidential election this term.

Yeah...I said it, wanna start something???

And before some one says something commentarily about how "If you don't vote...you can't bitch..." let me say this first: Yes I CAN.

I CAN because my choice didn't make it in...and if he had...win or lose, I would have voted.

I just gotta say...I don't like my choices this year.

And staying true to my liberal independent stance...I REFUSE to vote for the Democrat just because he is liberal. Period.

Being an independent means that I vote my conscience...I vote for my choice...the most qualified in my opinion...republican, democrat, green, libertarian (sp?) Doesn't matter to me as long as I agree with his policies, and believe in him (or her). That is precisely who I vote for...no if's and's or buts...

I do like Barack Obama.
He's pro-choice (my biggest issue)
He's for the people.
I believe he truly wants to end this goat-screw of a war.

But that wacky healthcare thing the Dem's are pushing just doesn't sit right with me.

No one will say one way or the other HOW it is gonna get paid for. Oh yeah...taxes, I'm sure...but as a person who admittedly filters into the public aid system...I think Illinois has high enough taxes. And yeah...I'll say this too...the public aid system in this state ain't helping the tax issue either.
I hate the fact that there are people like my brother who make an honest living and work hard for every dime and falls into the middle tax bracket- pays exorbitant income taxes of the state AND federal persuasion, while there are people like me who are seemingly getting handouts on their dime.
It doesn't seem fair that the rich get richer, the poor get poorer and the middle gets SLAMMED in the pooper...with NO lube.

Tell me how this works really will you? And please- Mr. Obama...don't bullshit me with your charming smile and charismatic speeches. I want to know where the money is filtering from...truthfully.

Yes...I watched the movie "Sicko" with my Democrat friend Vegas. She ranted and raved throughout the whole of it. I do like Michael Moore...mostly because of his loathing of G-Dub. (we share that blatant hate) But, I also know that Mr. Moore stretches the truth to fit his agenda, as does ALL of Hollywood. So, loving the snark, Mr. Moore...not so much the heavy dem propaganda. I observed many stories while watching about the phenomenon of "National Healthcare" that he was pushing. I agreed with a lot of it...but who is telling the truth? Hard to say, really isn't it? The Con's say that the healthcare may be free, but it lacks quality...and sometimes many people die waiting for it...they also say that the taxes in those countries (ie) France, England, Canada are unbelieveable. Then the movie AND the Dem's refute that by saying that there are no long lines, the quality is great, the Doctors ARE NOT overworked and underpaid and that it is all Con-spin.
Who's right? who's wrong?

So...I quandried this to myself for awhile: HOW DOES IT GET PAID FOR????
Please for fuck's sake...someone tell me.

Will my already lousy paycheck be cut 2/3rds down to pay for it? Cause if that's the case...
Sorry for my french here...FUCK THAT.

I'll pay for my own healthcare, thanks anyway.

My solution might be a simple minded one, at best...but here's what I think. I agree with McCain a little on this too...
FORCE the healthcare companies...the HMO's...the PPO's into greater competition by regulating the prices. Lower them...and let those greedy bastards fight it out for your business at rock bottom prices that we can ALL afford. Trust me...those guys ain't gonna go broke one way or another by doing so. And guess what? My check still affords me to do so that way...period.

And no...I'm NOT voting for McCain either...he's pro-life...and THAT is something I will never agree with or vote in support of.
I gotta say it though...I like the guy, and I would probably HAVE voted for him if he were an even bigger rebel than he seemingly is to the Con's and supported a womans right to choose.

Again...yeah...I said it...wanna start something???

So that's why I am not voting. Even IF I DO get an answer about how it gets paid for, I truthfully do not believe it is as flawless and carefree as the movie people/Dem's would have me believe. There's gotta be a hitch somewhere, and until I know for sure...this chick's staying neutral.

True to myself, and neutral.

But everyone else...by all means...knock em dead in Nov.

Last thought-
"Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer..."
-John Fitzgerald Kennedy

Told ya it was different-
Jaded

Comments

IDNKM said…
Yes, I'd like to start something, but it would be pointless because your liberal opinions appear to be based on emotion (e.g. blatant hatred) rather than facts or logic, so it really isn't worth the trouble since you cannot have reasoned discussion about emotional choices.
Jadedgirl said…
You are probably right, Jack...
I am emotional about George W. But I respect all opinions for the most part.

Peace :o)
Jennifer said…
Jaded,
When I hear "everyone should vote" I kinda of cringe, because I think those that don't care, that don't read the news, that vote a straight party ticket based upon misconception (like my husband's belief that Republican's spend less money!), well, those people I kind of wish wouldn't vote.
But it's apparent that you do care, that you have an opinion on issues, so it makes me sad that you feel compelled to make this choice.
Jadedgirl said…
I hear ya, Jen...I am kinda bummed about it myself, truth be told. But even spending hours on the net searching for the answers to my questions is pointless since it always seems biased or refuted by someone. I guess I just have to face that I am not able to make an "informed" decision this term. I feel bad about it sure, but with the electoral college being as shifty as it is, I also gotta say...what's the damn point anyway?

I'll keep thinking...and looking for my info, until then...lose not all hope...November is a little away yet. AND there have been no solid decisions on VP for either party yet...so that could also make a difference as well.

Hugs.

Popular posts from this blog

Laughable...Truly Laughable...

Just a quick little ditty today: I checked the lady's blog today to see if anything else had been copied... No...nothing. I guess she figured she would stop her retarted-ness for now. BUT... I did read something VERY interesting. Apparently this chick who is very "intelligent" and wise beyond her years, and well-versed in EVERYTHING thinks that it is OK to trap her boyfriend into staying with her by letting him go off inside her without a condom. Such wise words... HA. And I'm the dishonest one? Spare me... I won't be going back after today...I just wanted to have one last look to see if she was chilling out. And I wont be commenting either way on her personal life any longer...I guess I just found that interesting. I'll stop with the drama now...I promise. Hope everyone had a fabulous Christmas with their families, and please have a happy and SAFE new years. One love to ALL- Jaded

Not That Girl...

So I have been watching this marathon of wedding-based movies all day today on TBS. And maybe I shouldn't be. Mostly because all at once I love them, and get terribly depressed at the end of them. What exactly is it that depresses me? Let's analyze, shall we? It isn't so much about the marriage part as it is the love, I guess. I grew up thinking that marriage is something that happens to everyone...no matter what. In my sheltered childhood exsistence I guess it never occured to me that some people in the world do NOT get married at all. Some choose it- Some wait too long- and some just weren't meant to find their soulmate (if there is such a thing) My whole marriage fantasy was never about the big party, the head over heels giddy love, the pomp, or anything like that. My marriage fantasy has always, and I mean this...always been about knowing that there is someone out there that "gets" you. There is someone out there that loves you so deeply that they are w...

Just When....

....You thought it was safe. ;o) Yes, my friends...as some will be disapointed and some will be happy...for better or for worse...I have returned. I began another blog, but decided that in the interest of time and for the sheer fact that I am a lazy lazy girl...I will not be going to all the hassle of exporting all of my old posts there. I also have decided that I will not be letting a few petty people out there...and drama stop me from doing this...which I love. Truth be told I miss my friends here...my TRUE friends. So...as I said before...here I am. YAY!!!! BOOOOOO!!!! Whichever side of the coin you fall on there, I could give two shits. I am here because I miss my blog...plain and simple...read or don't, comment or don't. Yep...don't really care either way. So...HI! How is everyone??? LOL. And even cooler...those of you who are thinking to themselves right at this moment that I am quite possibly manic, or even Bi-polar-I don't care about THAT either. TA DAAAAAA!!!!...